The objective of this call, of competitive character, is the incorporation of 20 post-doctoral researchers in the research groups of the UCM qualified as “excellent” for the development of 36-month research projects. These 20 fellows will be able to carry out their projects within the following areas of knowledge: Health, Experimental Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences
1) All applicants must comply with the International Mobility Rule: the applicant must not have resided or carried out her/his main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 16 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. The timescale has been extended from 12 to 16 months due to mobility restrictions and border closures during the COVID19 outbreak.
2) All applicants must be doctors on the closing date of the call. This requirement will be considered met when the applicant is in possession of the title of doctor, or can prove the successful defence of her/his thesis by means of the corresponding certificate, on the deadline for submitting applications.
3) Applications must be made in collaboration with a UCM research group to which the tutor researcher is linked.
The evaluation of each proposal is completely transparent, carried out with the collaboration of international experts.
Full-time employment contract, stating exclusive dedication to the research project that has been included in their application.
The duration of the fellowships will be 1 year, extendable annually, up to a maximum of 3 years.
Beneficiaries will be fully dedicated to the activities that are the object of this call. In particular, they cannot be the beneficiary of two Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions at the same time.
The Total Employment Cost is 46.032 euros per year (monthly unit cost of 3,836 euros). Social security contributions to be paid by the employer and the applicant, are included in total cost of the fellowship. In addition, each applicants will have a monthly unit cost of 987 euros to cover expenses related to the activities inherent to the proposed research project such us costs of research, training and travel, including those incurred from secondments (travel, accommodation and research expenses at destination).
Applications must be completed and submitted via the Online Application Platform. The Online Application Platform will be available during the call opening, from 13 July until the call closing, 13 September 2020.
The application must be complete and include all obligatory information and documents.
You can find all the information about the application process in the Guide for Applicants that you can find in the section Application documents and Downloads.
- Evaluation of the technical proposals, which will be sent to the corresponding panel according to the area of knowledge selected by the applicant. At the end of this process, a ranking list will be drawn up with the scores obtained by all the applicants. From this list, a maximum of 40 of the best scorers will go on to the next phase.
- Personal interviews: The interviews will be carried out by videoconference. Two panel members will participate in the interviews and the chairperson will be present to guarantee compliance with the established evaluation procedures. Following the interviews, each panel member will rank the applicant separately according to the assessment criteria, leading to a duly justified quantitative assessment with the panel member’s comments.
Call opening: 13 July 2020
Application deadline: 13 September 2020
Evaluation and Selection: 14 September 2020 – March 2021
Results: May 2021
- UNA4CAREER_20201014_1stcall_Provisional list of admitted applicants
- UNA4CAREER_20201014_1stcall_Provisional list of excluded applicants
- UNA4CAREER_20201118_1stcall_Definitive list of admitted applicants.pdf
- UNA4CAREER_20201118_1stcall_Definitive list of excluded applicants.pdf